Viola Sizing Information
Measure by Arm Length
We want to make sure you’re happy and comfortable with the instrument you play so it’s essential that you rent the right size.
- Find a tape measure or yardstick.
- Extend your arm so it’s perpendicular to your body and fully flatten and extend your left hand, palm up.
- Use the tape measure or yardstick to measure the distance from the the middle of the left hand’s palm to neck.
- Take note of the distance.
- Use the below guide to help get the best violin size.
- Note: If you find you fall between sizes, choose the smaller size.
This is how you measure your arm for a viola size.